“We view sustainability as a responsibility and an opportunity” – Download the Report to Society
Rooted in Responsibility
Rosy Blue was founded on principles of diversity, integrity and accountability. We believe economic growth can, and must, be achieved with social and environmental responsibility.
We are a member of the Responsible Jewellery Council, and participate in the UN Global Compact. In 2011, Rosy Blue also became a member of Global Compact LEAD, an exclusive new leadership platform established by HE Secretary Ban Ki-Moon at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
Participation in Global Compact LEAD does not represent a “seal of approval” or endorsement by the United Nations. Rather, the platform is designed to challenge highly engaged companies in the UN Global Compact to reach further, to experiment, to innovate, and to share learnings – both successes and failures. By joining this sustainability leadership initiative, Rosy Blue commits to take sustainability leadership to the next level.
“ROSY BLUE HAS ALWAYS TAKEN ITS RESPONSIBILITIES; OUR PRINCIPLES OF INTEGRITY, QUALITY AND TRANSPARENCY ARE STRONGLY WOVEN INTO THE FABRIC OF OUR BUSINESS” – Valerie Michel – Manager Corporate Social Responsibility.
Since 2007, our dedicated local CSR experts have made a significant impact across all our operations. They are the ambassadors of our sustainability programme.
Equally, our Corporate Social Responsibility strategy is integrated into every part of the organization - from procurement, manufacturing and distribution to the way we treat our people and local communities. This is not only the right thing to do, we believe it is also essential for strong, sustainable growth. Our CSR Strategy is formulated around three core values:
- Integrity: We strive always to do what is right, and we always keep our promises.
- Accountability: We deliver the same promise of trust and craftsmanship to every customer, everywhere in the world.
- Diversity: We embrace human diversity, and treat everyone with the same respect and dignity.
To achieve our vision of responsible leadership, the Boards and employees of Rosy Blue are guided by a set of core principles:
- We promise carefully and deliver diligently.
- We build trust with fairness and humility.
- We set high standards, beyond legal compliance.
- We embrace the challenge of continuous innovation.
- We aim to inspire all our stakeholders to share the responsibility of protecting the environment.
MATERIALITY FOR ROSY BLUE: FOCUSING ON WHAT MATTERS
RESPECT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
All people are entitled to human rights and basic freedoms as these are the cornerstone of every society. It is everyone’s responsibility to increase access to and to protect these freedoms. As Rosy Blue is positioned in the middle of the supply chain, our influence is limited when it comes to mining operations, but we try to address Human Rights through our commitment to responsible sourcing and by taking absolute responsibility where we can have influence.
Product integrity and quality improvement is our primary way of enhancing customer value. Product integrity focuses on managing the different stages in the life cycle of our diamonds. We address product integrity in our value chain through:
- Sourcing from reputable companies based on reliability of the sellers, and professionalism of the actors’ practices
- Rough trading and polished sales: know your customer, anti-bribery, corruption and disclosure
- Leading quality management processes in our manufacturing operations, Forevermark programmes in selected alliance entities,
- Managing contractors
- Open collaboration with industry partners to develop a common approach